søndag 6. september 2009

This weekend

Saturday we left the house at 8:30. We went to McDonald to by breakfast... Its not as bad as it sounds. We didn't by fries or burgers but a yoghurt. It was a vanilla youghurt with real strawberries and blueberries and it was really good. We ate in the car while driving Sydney to practice and then we went to pick up Renan at the airport. He is from the south of Brazil. He is a nice guy.

We went home to eat lunch and then we drove around the valley to show Renan the area. We stopped by a book store where i bought a book called "The Host" and a strawberry- banana smoothie. Yes I bought a smoothie in a book store. The stores here are so "small" that they often have a Starbucks or McDonald inside of it.

Later Renan went with my hostdad to a football game. My hostdad is coaching a middle school team and they go to the other teams games to see how they play. Then it was only My hostmom, Sydney and me left at the house because Sarah was with her father for the weekend. We dropped Sydney of at my hostgrandparents house and me and my hostmom went to the movies. We watched a movie called "All about Steve" It was a really good movie, it came out here on Friday so it will probably come out in 6 month or so in Norway ;)

Today we went to the church at 10. My host parents told me when i first got here that We were going to church every Sunday, but I have been here 5 weeks already and we have gone twice.

Tonight we had a small BBQ with rice, chicken, meat, hotdogs and tortillas. They it tortillas pretty much with everything here, but it tastes good so i don't mind.

Tomorrow is labor day. That is a public holiday here and a lot of people has the day of from work, but we have to go to school. I think that is weird, but that is just the way it is ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar