lørdag 29. august 2009

Getting better and better

My first week of school is over. I like the school more and more every day. The first 3 days was the most confusing, after that I got used to the system and learned some names. The names was what I had most problems with because I met so many new people! There is only 2 or 3 people that I have more than one class with so it's a lot of names to learn. I know at least the names of the people I have talked to now.
I have been eating lunch with different people everyday. I'm always worrying that I won't find any one I know in the cafeteria among the 1150 students that's there eating, but here is always someone . I'm glad because if I just sit down with people I don't know I feel like I'm intruding.
In my anatomy (biology) class this last time we took a lot of tests. Not not writing down answers tests, but BMI and body fat. We also checked our hight and wight. We are going to do this every 6 weeks and our teacher has given us tips about how to eat right. He is very blunt and if he thinks some one is to fat he tells them. He showed us which category we were placed in. The categories were Athletic, lean, normal, over normal, over fat and obese. Believe it or not I was lean. I never considered my self as fat, but never lean ether. I know I eat too much junk and is too lazy.
American Football is the big thing here. I think every one of the guys I have talked to plays football. I haven't seen them play yet, but to day I watched football on TV and my hostparents tried to learn me the rules. To me the game still just looks like an excuse to fight, but I guess I have to learn to like it while I'm here.
Today we also went to my hostsis' soccer games. We where out side for 5 hour straight I don't think I have been outside that much since I was home in Norway, but there is a reason. It's too HOT. I've never been sweating that much in my entire life! It was nice to go inside my hostparents new cars then. They bought two cars this week. They are huge! It's true as they say: “Everything is bigger in Texas”

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar