tirsdag 25. august 2009

My first day of school

Yesterday at 8 am my first day of school started. It was really nice but overwhelming. When I got to the school I was told to go to the cafeteria and find my name on the list. My name was not on the list. Then I was told to go to the Auditorium to get my schedule. I sat there about 1 hour before they found it. Then I went back to the cafeteria with all the other seniors. There were some students that were playing drums and everyone showed a lot of school spirit. After a while we were told to go to our first period and I did. When I got there the teacher did not call my name when he checked attendance. We weren't supposed to go to our first period but our third. It was kind of embarrassing.
Finally I got to the right class and it turned out great. It was American Government. We didn't really do much in our classes the first day. They only told us what they were expecting us to do and about the school rules. The funny thing was that all my classes started with the teachers going over some rules and they saying, “But you are seniors you you have been here for so long that you know all this” or “ You have only 9 month left of high school. I didn't know the rules and I'm still going to go to school one more year after this.
It was really different at this school than what I'm used to. We had no freedom at all. No walking in the hallways except the 5 min you have to go from one class to the other. In lunch you have to be in the cafeteria. You are not allowed to were tops that's less then 5 inches over your shoulder or short shorts or skirts. You are not allowed to color your hair in an unnatural color or shave patterns in your hair. No piercings and guys are not allowed to have earrings. You call your female teachers miss and her last name and the male teacher sir.
My class mates were all really nice and asked me lots of questions about Norway. No one new where Norway is and when I told them it's in the north of Europe they still looked confused. A girl asked me if I had A or B lunch. Whaaat? If you have your 5th period on the first floor you have A lunch which is between 4th and 5th period. If you have your 5th period in 2nd floor you have B lunch which is between 5th and 6th period. It's really confusing! Another thing that was confusing was the times. My last period starts 2:58 pm and ends at 3:47.
When I got home about 5pm I was exhausted and starving. I ate a little and then watched a little TV. After a while I started feeling really ill. I thing I got a fever so I went to bed early. Thats why I didn't write last night. When I woke up this morning I was already much better.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar