søndag 23. august 2009

My 3rd week in Texas

This week I got a package from my parents. They sent Norwegian chocolate, licorice, magazines and brown cheese. My host family loved the chocolate and the brown cheese, not so much the licorice. It was really good to eat something Norwegian after almost a month with only Mexican and American food.
This weekend is tax-free weekend in the state of Texas and all the shops are packed this weekend. That is why my hostmother didn't want us to go to any shops this weekend, but we did. Shara and Sidney needed clothes for school and some supplies. On Saturday we went to the mall to get the clothes. It was people everywhere and the lines was really long. They got what they needed and I bought a couple of shirts I did not really need.
On Sunday we went to a store to get the rest of the school supplies the girls needed. I figured I could use some folders so I bought some and do you know how much they cost? 1 penny each! Its nothing! After our shopping trip we went home and my host-grandmother made us some Mexican food. I think they called it posole or something. It was really good.
In the afternoon, my hostfathers cousin form Florida came to visit and we all went to Mexico. Mexico is only 20 min form where I live. They had a lot of stuff there and they sold silver really cheep. We looked around ate some tacos and then went back home.
I know I have been writing week reports, but I really wanted to get to what is going on now. Tomorrow will be my first day as a student at Pharr, San Juan, Alamo Memorial High School! Also called PSJA Memorial or Wolverins. I'm really excited and very nervous, but I'm sure it will be alright.








My hostsister





My other hostsister



My room




Sarah's basketball team + a few sisters at the pool-party


My hostparents, -sister, grandparents, my hostfather's cousin and me




One of our dogs Coco

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar